I have a unique way to make a great coaster. I have done this many times and I love the outcome.
Cost of project is less than .50.
This can be done as a single coaster or as a set to give a friend.
4x4 Plain white ceramic tile (found at local hardware store for .34)
4x4 chipboard coaster (for back of tile) you may also use foam or felt sheets if chipboard coaster is not available.
Paper napkin-any Napkin will work be sure and check your local stores for many many choices, most napkins will yield 4 coasters!
Image of choice – My choice is from Bugaboo – Ruby May
Markers of choice
Glue stick, Spray adhesive, Mod Podge
Sentiment (either stamped or computer generated)
1. Adhere chipboard coaster to back of tile to prevent scratches
2. Take your napkin and slowly tear it down to just 1 layer, patience it will tear if you try to be hasty. Rough cut the napkin to show what part of the design you would like to use as you can see I decided to not use the strips so you decide.
3. Glue napkin to tile, gently pushing it to the edge taking out any wrinkles as you push.
4. Trim away excess napkin from the tile.
5. Glue image onto tile and color as normal. (Please note I did not like how the stamped image looked on napkin so I ended up matting it see below for change.
6. Paint a thin but full layer over the entire tile. Watch for wrinkles and work them out as you go. Let Dry over night and add a second coat in am.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, this is such an easy project to make and it is so reasonable!